Scott J. Klosinski
Scott J. Klosinski has more than 25 years of experience in the legal field. He has represented the interests of creditors, landlords, and debtors in both business and consumer bankruptcy cases. This representation has included defending fraudulent conveyance and preference lawsuits that arise in bankruptcy cases. Scott has taken his litigation skills to the State and Superior Courts in Georgia, where he has won verdicts or settled a vast array of disputes which include but are not limited: those involving contracts, wrongful foreclosure, defective road construction, personal injury and matters of collection of accounts. Scott served as a panel trustee for the Southern District of Georgia from 1997 until 2009.
Scott represents a number of small businesses in the Augusta, Martinez, Evans, North Augusta and Aiken areas. That representation has led him to obtain a great deal of experience in representing major real estate brokers and automobile dealerships. Scott focuses another portion of his practice on transactions. He oversees all aspects of the residential real estate department and handles commercial real estate transactions as well. Representative samples of his transaction practice clients are developers, sellers, buyers, lenders, business owners as well as builders.
His experience includes:
- Representing secured and unsecured creditors as well as landlords in all types of bankruptcy proceedings.
- Representing debtors and lenders in commercial real estate workouts and bankruptcies.
- Working with clients acquiring financially troubled businesses and purchasing assets from financially troubled businesses.
- Acting as a trustee in business and consumer bankruptcy cases.
- Representing trustees in Chapter 7 and Chapter 11 cases, including fraudulent conveyance and preference litigation.
- Representing landlords in numerous cases including national retail chains and local businesses.
- Representing defendants in fraudulent conveyance and preference litigation.
- Representing small businesses that are financially troubled.
- Acquisition, disposition and refinancing of completed land, commercial, industrial and residential projects.
- Development of mixed-use real estate projects.
- Development of numerous residential communities.
- Refinancing of shopping centers and businesses
- Representation of property managers, landlords, realtors, real estate brokers, builders, developers, buyers and sellers.
Scott is a member of the Georgia Bar Association, Augusta Bar Association, Real Property Section of the Georgia Bar, the South Carolina Bar, and the South Carolina Bankruptcy Bar Association. He was admitted to the bar of Georgia in 1986 and the bar of South Carolina in 2008.
Scott received a Bachelor’s Degree in finance from the University of Georgia and graduated cum laude in 1983. He received his Juris Doctor from the University of Georgia, School of Law in 1986.
Scott and his wife Millie and have three sons, John, Bowen, and Grey. He has been active as a coach throughout his sons’ childhood and teen years in both Richmond and Columbia counties, coaching well over 40 teams in 20 years. He has coached baseball, football, basketball and, most recently, soccer. He was the head coach for the 2007 Ozone Dixie Youth World Series Champions and named the Columbia County Georgia Coach of the Year for 2007. In addition to coaching, Scott enjoys traveling, golf and baseball. Scott has served as youth leader, as well as an elder and a deacon for his church, Reid Memorial.
- Georgia State and Superior Courts
- South Carolina District Court
- S. District Court, Southern District of Georgia
- S. District Court, Middle District of Georgia
- S. Court of Appeals, 11th Circuit, Georgia
- Eastern District Court of Michigan
- University of Georgia School of Law, Juris Doctor, 1986
- University of Georgia, Bachelor’s in Finance, cum laude, 1983