If you’re planning on buying or selling real estate in Georgia, you should seek the guidance of an experienced Georgia real estate attorney. But where should you start? After all, real estate attorneys have varying levels of experience and competence making it difficult to determine who to choose. Below are some tips to help get you started in your Georgia real estate attorney search.
1) Ask for recommendations – An excellent way to find an experienced Georgia real estate attorney is to ask people you know for recommendations. Another great source of information is attorneys you know who practice in other areas of the law. Once you’ve compiled a list of potential lawyers, you should begin setting up initial consultations.
2) Meet with your prospective attorney in person – It’s important to consider Georgia real estate attorneys who are willing to meet with you in person. You’ll be working closely with your attorney over the course of your real estate transaction, so you should make sure that the two of you have a good rapport. This can be difficult to determine without actually meeting in person.
3) Discuss cost – Cost is an important factor for most people, so you need to understand exactly what your financial obligations will be should you hire a particular real estate lawyer. Attorneys base their fees on a number of factors, including geographic location, level of experience, and case complexity. Therefore, make sure that you discuss your prospective attorney’s fee arrangement during your initial consultation.
4) Avoid lawyers who guarantee results – There are a number of Georgia real estate lawyers with excellent track records and outstanding results. However, no attorney should ever guarantee positive results. Therefore, if you meet with a lawyer who makes promises regarding the outcome of your case, you should consider looking elsewhere.
5) Be patient – Take your time when choosing a Georgia real estate attorney. For urgent matters, it can be tempting to hire the first real estate attorney you consult with. However, this can lead to problems down the road. Remember, patience is a virtue when choosing a Georgia real estate attorney.
Georgia Real Estate Attorneys
When buying or selling residential or commercial property of any kind in Georgia, experienced real estate legal counsel is imperative to ensure that things go smoothly. At Klosinski Overstreet, LLP, we will assist you with all legal aspects of your real estate transaction. Our Georgia real estate attorneys have experience facilitating the purchase and sale of a number of types of residential and commercial properties, including single family homes, condominiums, multifamily homes, retail centers, office buildings, hotels, apartment complexes, and vacant property slated for development. Therefore, if you are planning on buying or selling residential or commercial real estate of any kind in Georgia, please contact us as soon as possible for a consultation.
Posted in: Real Estate